Jawala is a forest resource company focusing on industrial tree plantations in Malaysia’s Sabah state specialises in sustainable management of forestry resources, and planting and extraction of timber.
Forest management activities shall be consistent with sustainable management practices for planted forests, according to Principle 10 as prescribed by the Forest Stewardship Council, or the Malaysian Criteria and Indicators for Forest Plantations under the Malaysian Timber Certification Council.
- Licensed to manage a Commercial Forest Reserve (Class II) of approx.11,043 hectares in Sapulut Forest Reserve.
- Pursuant to the terms of Sustainable Forest Management License Agreement with the Sabah Government for the period from 12 August 2015 to 31 December 2115.
- Awarded the Sabah Timber Legality Assurance System, Principles 1 to 3 by the Sabah Forestry Department
- Main species of round logs harvested: mixed seraya, kapur, keruing and selangan batu
Licensed Area in South Sabah
(Tibow District/Nabawan District)
- Approx. 220.0km from Tawau
- Accessibility to Licensed Area: 4.0km from main road